A Constitutional amendment was filed Thursday afternoon as a mystery. See HCR5029. It has no listed sponsors. You may click on the link above to view the resolution. It will get a hearing on Tuesday and is scheduled to hit the floor Wednesday.
Calls are needed! Please contact your legislators.
THE CONSTITUTION PROTECTS ALL KANSANS.
- Low enrollment schools are guaranteed equal educational opportunity.
- Less wealthy urban kids are guaranteed that the more wealthy schools do not get an advantage.
- Property taxpayers are guaranteed that they will not pay more simply because of the wealth of the district where their property is located.
- Western Kansans are guaranteed that their schools can continue to exist and not be reliant upon the whim of more populous area legislators.
- All kids are guaranteed equal access to an adequate education.
Who wants to shuck these guarantees and leave them to political maneuvering?